Monday, May 2, 2011

I am Johann Sebastian Bach

ALL ABOUT ME (JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH) 

  • I was born in Eisenach, in 1685 and I died in 1750 
  • I worked in Weimar, Cöthen and Leipzig 
  • In Weimar, I was employed to work in the court for the Duke of Weimar for a brief period in 1703. I was a court musician there. (http://www.bachinbaltimore.org/bachweimar.html
  • I stayed in Cöthen  from 1717-1723. My prime responsibility was to conduct the court orchestra, in which the prince himself participated. The people in Cöthen inspired me to write special music for them. (http://www.notablebiographies.com/Ba-Be/Bach-Johann-Sebastian.html)
  • I stayed in Leipzig from 1723-1750. My responsibility there was primarily the education of several hundred boys in the St Thomas School. I was also responsible for the music in the town's four churches. I was asked to direct music at two of the churches there.(http://www2.nau.edu/tas3/leipzig.html)
  • I wrote 300 cantatas but only one was published when I was alive ): 
  • I have 20 children of which 9 became composers like me. 
  • I have a famous line, it reads : " Playing the organ is very simple. Just put the right finger on the right note at the right time" 
  • I am an improviser and cadenzas during my period were usually improved. I liked writing out cadenzas because I was going for a job audition and I wrote it out to show the panelists how exactly I will play it. 
  • I wrote chorale preludes, Chorale cantata, Brandenburg concertos and many more.
  • The Baroque period ended when I died. 
Jianing(: 

No comments:

Post a Comment